Installing Google Translate API plugin in memoQCaution: The Google Translate API is not free of charge: Google charges after the number of characters translated. Please check the prices with Google.
If you already have a Google Translation v2.0 subscription but are wondering how to use it with memoQ, jump directly to Create a credential.
Get started with Google Translate API in memoQ:
- Visit Google, and sign in with your Google account (Gmail works fine).
- To enable an API for your project, go to the API Console.
- From the projects list, select a project or create a new one.
- If the APIs & services page isn't already open, open the console left side menu and select APIs & services, and then select Library.
- Search for the Translate API with the search function.
Hint: You can find it under Machine Learning
- Click ENABLE.
Create a credential:
- Go to the API Console.
- Select Credentials from the menu items.
- Click on the Create credentials button button and select API key.
- Select the key, and copy it to the clipboard.
Enable the plugin in memoQ
- Open memoQ. On the Quick access toolbar, click the Resource Console icon. Select the Machine Translation category and there, pick the settings that your wish to edit. Under GoogleMT machine translation plugin, click Configure Plugin.
- Paste the API key you copied from the Google page in the Key for API v2.0 field, and leave the Referer box as it is. Click OK, and then check the Enable plugin check box in the list of machine translation plugins. Click OK again to close the Options dialog.
- If you have entered a valid billing information you should now begin receiving hits in your Translation results pane.
Note: Google will charge you after the number of characters you translate using the API.