Moving memoQ projects to another computer
When you purchased a new computer, you install memoQ on the new computer, and you may want to move your memoQ projects to the new computer.
NOTE: This article explains how to move memoQ project folders to a new computer for the same memoQ version, e.g. moving memoQ 7.8 projects to memoQ 7.8, or memoQ 9.x on the old computer to memoQ 9.x on the new computer.
Use memoQ’s backup feature to move a project
- On your old computer, open memoQ. Select one or more projects on the Dashboard. On the ribbon, click the Backup button.
- In the Backup selected projects dialog, tell memoQ where to save the backup file (either on your computer, or on Language Terminal – see the memoQ Docs for further information).
- Back up the project. memoQ creates an .mqbkf file.
- If you saved the file locally, navigate to it, and copy it over to your new computer.
- On your new computer, open memoQ. On the ribbon, click the Restore button.
- In the memoQ restore from backup wizard, navigate to your .mqbkf file and follow the backup wizard.
See also: the article on moving resources to another computer
Please sign in to leave a comment.