Users cannot connect to resources (and, as a result, online projects) after a server was moved
This is a troubleshooting article. Please read through it before you start making changes to your system.
Symptom: After a server is moved, references to the old server remain on the translators' computers. As a result, translators cannot connect to TMs and TBs that should be used in their online projects.
Solution: The easiest way is to load TranslationMemories.xml and TermBases.xml in a Notepad on every user's computer, and replace the address (URL) of the old server with the address (URL) of the new server. Here is how:
- Make sure memoQ is not running -- if it is, close it before you proceed.
- Open Windows Explorer as an administrator: right-click the Windows Explorer icon in Start menu or the taskbar, and choose Run as administrator. (In Windows XP, you don't need to do this -- it's enough to log on to your computer with administrative privileges. If you can install programs, you already have them.)
- Find this folder: C:\ProgramData\MemoQ.
- Open TranslationMemories.xml in Notepad. Use the Find/Replace command to replace the old server address (example: oldmemoq.company.com) with the new one. Save the file
- Do the same with TermBases.xml and Corpora.xml.
- Open memoQ, and attempt to open a local copy of an online project, or any project that uses a translation memory or a term base on your client's server.
Please sign in to leave a comment.