4. Create users on your memoQ cloud and assign licenses
To assign work to linguists, you first need to create users for them.
In a browser
Create a user
- Sign in to your memoQ cloud server with the user called admin, and the password you entered when you set up your memoQ cloud.
- In the Administration window, click the Users tile.
In the top right corner of the Users page, click the Add user button.
In the User profiles section, fill in the Full name, Username, and E-mail address fields. To set the user's password, clear the User will set their own password check box, and type a password.
In the Settings section, choose the User can do both option.
In the Group memberships section, click the Add user to group link. In the list, click the Internal translators check box, and at the bottom of the pane, click the Apply button.
- At the bottom of the page, click the Add user button.
If you need more detailed access control: See the memoQWeb documentation about groups.
Assign a license
When a translator signs in to your memoQ cloud in a browser, and starts translating a job, they take a web license from your license pool. This is automatic, you do not need to do anything.
To allow translators to connect to your memoQ cloud from the memoQ desktop app, you need the desktop app, too. See the section below.
In the desktop app
Create a user
At the top of memoQ's window, click the Server Administrator icon.
In the Server URL text box, enter your memoQ cloud address, and click the check mark button.
- In the list on the left, click User management. Under the user list, click the Add link.
Fill in the User name, Password, Password again, and E-mail fields. In the Package workflow dropdown, choose Both,
- Under the Group membership list, click the Add link.
- In the Select group window, select Internal translators, and click OK.
- In the User properties window. click OK.
If you need more detailed access control: See the memoQ documentation about groups.
Grant a license
- In the list on the left, click CAL licenses.
- Click the Grant to users/groups tab, and in the User/group dropdown, select the user.
Set license edition, expiration date. and click the Grant button.
At the bottom of the window, click the Close button. The user can now connect to your memoQ cloud from the memoQ desktop app. When they do, they take a translator pro license from your license pool.
Now you can start managing your projects.