How to import PDF files into memoQ via TransPDF
To proceed, you will need a TransPDF account.
You can register for a new one on their official website.
Keep in mind that TransPDF is a third party paid service.
How to save your TransPDF account details
- Open memoQ.
- Go to the My memoQ page by clicking on the blue memoQ button in the top-left corner on the dashboard.
- Under TransPDF, click on the My TransPDF account.
- Enter your account details and press "Test and save".
Hint: You can also access the registration page from here.
Translate a file with TransPDF
- Open, or create a local project.
- Import the PDF file via the "Import with options" function.
Hint: Right click on the Translations list to find the button. You can also select it from the drop-down list under Import, on the Documents pane.
- On the Document import options, select the file that you wish to add.
- Click "Change filter & configuration".
- On the Document import options window, select "Import trough TransPDF" on the General tab.
- Click Ok to apply the changes.
Finish importing the file by clicking "Ok" on the Document import option window.
You can find a new tab called "TransPDF import/export" in the Translations pane of the Project home pane. Here you can find all the PDF documents that you are importing through TransPDF.
In the background, memoQ will upload the PDF documents to the TransPDF service. TransPDF will convert them into XLIFF files. When this is ready, memoQ downloads the XLIFF files.
The imported files will not appear automatically in the project. Instead, memoQ will indicate on the TransPDF import/export tab when they are ready to be added to the project.
If there are other documents in your project, you can work on them while you wait for the PDF files to import. Even better, you can even close memoQ or the project - and when you open this project again, the imported PDF files will be ready for you.