1. Set up a CMS connection on the memoQ server
Set up the CMS API
Before you do this, make sure that memoQ server is installed and running.
If you run your own memoQ server
- Log on to the memoQ server computer through remote desktop (RDP). Log on as an administrator.
- Open the memoQ server deployment tool. In the memoQ server section, click Advanced. From the menu, choose Configure server.
- Click the CMS API tab. Check the Enable CMS API check box. Set up encryption. To learn more, see Help about the Configure server window.
You need to buy a certificate: You cannot use a self-signed root certificate for the CMS API. Buy one from a certificate vendor.
If you are using a memoQ cloud server
Contact memoQ sales to request a license. The memoQ team will activate the CMS API for you.
Create a connection for the WordPress site
- On your computer, start memoQ. You need a copy of memoQ that runs with a project manager license.
- Open Server Administrator, and connect to your memoQ server. Make sure you log in as an administrator (a memoQ server user who is member of the Administrators group).
- On the left, click CMS connections. The CMS connections pane appears.
- Add a new CMS connection. You need to specify the following details:
- a name for the connection
- the root URL (web address) of the WordPress site
- a connection key that the WordPress site can use to send jobs to memoQ server
- the source language(s) of the translation jobs
- the target language(s) of the translation jobs
- name and email address of your client (the owner of the WordPress site)
- a project manager who will be in charge of the jobs sent from this WordPress site (a memoQ server user who is member of the Project managers group)
Your client needs the connection information: On the CMS connections page, select the CMS connection, and click Copy client configuration information to the Clipboard. Open a text document, and paste the contents of the clipboard in it. Send the document to the owner of the WordPress site (your client) with the instructions below.