3. Start using your memoQ cloud
You can work with memoQ cloud through the memoQ desktop app or through a browser. The browser app is simpler, can be used with any operating system, and is more suitable for basic use. The desktop app runs only on Windows, but has a lot more features.
Start with the browser app
- Open your memoQ cloud page.
- In the Manage server region, click the link under Web server URL - this is the web address of your memoQ cloud server.
- The first time, sign in with the user called admin, and the password you entered when you set up your memoQ cloud.
Start with the desktop app
To use the memoQ desktop app, you need to get a license from your server:
First, download and install the memoQ project manager desktop app from memoQ's Downloads page.
When you run memoQ for the first time. a warning opens. Click the OK button.
The memoQ activation wizard opens. Click the Next button, then choose the I wish to use CAL... option:
On the following page, click the Configure button.
In the CAL server field, enter your memoQ cloud address. Then click the Test button.
Choose the Enter user name and password option. Enter admin and your password.
You receive a project manager license:
If you receive an "Unknown error" here: Port 2705 might be closed on your firewall. Contact your IT department, or memoQ support.
- When memoQ loads, open your memoQ cloud page in a browser.
- In the Manage server region, click the Copy address link next to Server address - this is the address of your memoQ cloud server.
- In memoQ, paste the address into the text box at the top of the Dashboard, and click the check mark button on its right.
- In the Log in to server window, log in with the username admin, and the password you entered when you set up your memoQ cloud.
Please sign in to leave a comment.